Friday, July 18, 2008

Home sweet Home

YAYAY!!! I am currently in my host family's home. My host mom's name is Veronica, and I have two host sisters, Paula (who is my age), and Sandy, who works at a daycare center close to here. They live in cozy apartment here in Nunoa, and I am sooo excited.

When Veronica came to meet me, she was so excited! She kept saying, "Que linda, que linda", how pretty! I was also very excited. Sandy came too, and the three of us drove the 10 or fifteen minutes to their apartment. I have my own room, which was Sandy's, and she will be staying with Veronica until December. My room is small (a little smaller than the one I have now), but there is so much closet space, it doesn't seem as bad, actually. I was able to set up my computer in Paula's room, which gives me a little more room. We ate onces, which is kind of like afternoon tea, and then watched a little TV until a man came to fix the telephone.

It seems like tomorrow we're going to go shopping and then to the movies to see Batman, and then on Sunday they're going to drive me to Providencia to go to church. Once they determined that Orthodox is relatively close to Catholic, Veronica said she had no problem driving me to church every Sunday and coming with me. So that's a lot of fun.

That's about it right now. I'll have more to share in the next couple of days, as I will be starting my first class, Contemporary Chile. We met with our professors today, and it looks like it will be a lot of fun and that we will learn a lot.

I do have to say that I'm much happier now that I have to speak Spanish all the time (since that's what I came here for). It was kind of frustrating to be with a group of Americans who only wanted to speak English to each other.

Any way, I hope to post again soon. Buenas noches!!

No comments: