Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Estoy aqui!!!

Hi everyone!! I'm here, in Santiago, Chile safe and sound. The flight was long and boring (but most international flights are), but perhaps that's a good thing. Anyway, I am staying at the Rent a Home Apart Hotel, which is more like an apartment building than a hotel, which is kinda cool. Quality-wise, however, it's a lot like the hotel Christina and I stayed in while we were in London. For those of you who don't know what that was like, let's just say it is not exactly four star. However, it is functional. I have my own room, which is great! and internet, which is greater yet!! We've been having orientation and getting our program schedule for the semester. We sign up for classes in two to three weeks. We've had a chance to walk around Santiago a bit, which is nice, and I look forward to moving in with our host families on Friday. We each received 1000 pesos worth of phone cards (about $20), and I found a 2000 peso card (about $40) in my MapCity book which we received from the program (happy fluke, I guess, since no one else seemed to get one). So...I should be able to call quite a bit. The students in the program are very nice, although I wish we spoke more Spanish amongst ourselves. Our program directors only speak to us in Spanish, and I'm sure that once we get with our families things will get better. Anyway, dying battery, so I'll talk to everyone asap.

Love you all!!

No comments: