Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Beach!!!

On Saturday, the Iconography class at church took an outing to El Tabo beach. Even though I'm not in the class, I got invited to go by the other college students who are in the class. I'm really glad I did, too, because I had a great time.
We left Santiago early in the morning and got to the beach around 12:00. We had "breakfast" of hard boiled eggs, bread/butter, cake, and tea, and then took some time to walk around the beach and neighboring pueblo. I mostly hung out with my friend Marjorie, but also with Patricio and Natalia, two other choir friends. We got to play being 5 years old and splashing in the waves (even though it was only like 65 degrees), and then checked out some artesania in the pueblo. There were cool chimes and things made from sea shells and different statues and stuff all with beach themes.
After that, we had a late lunch (around 3) of chicken, a variety of salads, French fries, and rice, all topped off with ice cream and tea for desert. From there, more walking and picture taking along the beach until sunset (which I do have pictures of this time), when we headed back for the bus for the two hour ride home. All in all, it was very tranquilo as they say here, but a great way to get to know people better, relax, and just have fun.

Pictures are up and running here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/jkhouri87/TallerDeIconografiaEnLaPlaya#

No comments: