Sunday, August 3, 2008

Karioke :)

Sooooo...last night I went to a Mass with my host family in memory of their grandfather who passes away last month. It was very interesting, and it was cool to pick out the parts of the service that are similar to the Orthodox church (the prokeimenon, Alleluia verses, anaphora, etc.). Afterwards, we went to their uncle's house for dinner. As I soon found out, "dinner" is not eaten very often - only on special occasions. On these occasions, it is eaten sometime around 9 or 10 o'clock, usually followed by a lot of partying. In this case, the partying consisted of karioke. It was really fun to watch everyone singing various songs. I even attempted twice - once with "All-Star" and once with a Shakira song. It was a great time, and we all got home around 2:30am.

This morning, I went to liturgy, which was a lot easier since it started at 12:00pm (I think the whole sleep cycle of this country runs a lot later than that of most Americans). It was really cool, since the bishop was there. Fr. Fransisco introduced me to him, and I also got to meet a few more of the youth there. It looks like I will be able to go to liturgy Wednesday night for Transfiguration and to the youth group meeting on Friday night. Yay! I think this is the longest I've gone without speaking English to anyone - almost two full days! (I don't count typing...haha).

Tomorrow classes start, so I'll have updates on that coming up soon. Hasta entonces (until then)!

No comments: