Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Updates!!

As the semester is coming to a close, I have been extremely busy with final projects and exams, hence the lack of writing lately. However, I would like to take a few minutes to give you all a quick update on how things have been going these last couple of weeks.

As I said, school is keeping me really busy. I think I have something like 8 evaluations (tests or papers) within the next two weeks...on top of reading. So that'll be keeping me pretty homebound at least until Thanksgiving (which, unfortunately, I think I will be missing this year :( ).

On the church front, Fr. Francisco has asked our choir to record a CD with various church songs in Spanish for the parish to listen to during Christmas Lent. We have been having extra practices, which has been a lot of fun for me to help out with as well, and we are planning to record on Friday (place your orders now if you're interested!).

Also, today I went to the opening of a Russian Cinema Festival, which was unfortunately composed of very strange avante guarde type movies that I don't really understand (we left early); on the upside, I made away with a bunch of free DVD's, including a documentary on a monastery in Russia, so I'm excited to watch those! I'm not sure what language it's in and/or what subtitles are available, but should be fun anyway :)

Teaching is getting a little better, but still very difficult as the nice weather makes students restless. I'm using more English in the classroom (that's a good thing, since it's English class), but it's still very difficult because the students still don't understand very much. Only two or three more weeks of that, however.

The weather has been gorgeous (80s), so I've really been enjoying that, and am not happy about coming home to snow...brrrrrr. Just trying to take as much advantage of the weather as possible.

I think that about covers it for now. Haven't been taking many more pictures, because I haven't really gone anywhere, but please let me know if there's something you want pictures of (I know Frank likes Ferreterías), just let me know.

I love you all and hope to hear from some of you soon!

Besitos a todos!!

No comments: