Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

So I thought I´d take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

While this amazing American holiday hasn't quite made it to the Southern Hemisphere, I have been getting very warm wishes from my Chilean friends, including a Charlie Brown video on Facebook (which made me smile).

I also thought I'd catch you all up on my activities the last week or so.

On Monday, I took my last History exam (actually, my last exam PERIOD!) and feel I did pretty well...at least, a great deal better than I did on my Education exam a few weeks prior (going to see the grade tomorrow...keep your fingers crossed). Tuesday I finished my poetry project and started my group project in Education. We got about half way through, and should be finishing up on Saturday. I have also started my Education paper which this blog is helping me procrastinate for (haha), but as the topic is really interesting, I feel I should be motivated to finish it some time in the next few days.

Last night, I attended the Hogar del Nino Sirio y Palestino end of the year show. All the girls performed, some by reciting poetry, almost all Arabic dancing as well as some other dancing, and singing. Macarena, the graduating senior, gave a very touching speech on the occasion of her graduation as well (she graduated from a technical high school with a degree in auto-repair, something she greatly enjoys).

The night was full of good food, good entertainment, and good fellowship and it was the greatest feeling watching the girls I've grown so close to perform dances they've been working hard on all year. I think leaving the Hogar is going the be the most difficult part of coming home, and each of the girls has found a way into my heart. (Editor's Advisory: all family and friends be prepared for very long picture/story sessions about each of the girls at the Hogar probably in way more detail than you really want to know...LOL).

For those of you who would like to see a little bit of the show last night, the dances and songs have been posted to YouTube...if you search for "Hogar del Niño, Fin del Año", they should be like the first four or five videos (you will know it's them because it will say "Posted by jkhouri87" - that's me).

Anyway, I wish you all God's blessings on this day, and hope each of you have a marvelous celebration :)

No comments: